FundMiner is VC-backed, a B2B technology startup, and a 2023 Techstars Company. We are looking for an experienced Account Executive who can further our vision and win over our customers with a delightful experience.
Start Date: Immediately.
We're in the advancement software space on a mission to digitally transform fund management and gift administration to help fundraising organizations more effectively measure, maximize, and communicate their impact. FundMiner provides personalized fund management insights and automates complex and traditionally manual processes for fundraising organizations like universities, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive who can successfully translate our vision into a compelling opportunity for potential customers.
Who we want
You are a dynamic and results-driven individual who is pleasantly persistent when it comes to serving customers. You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, have excellent proactive communication skills, and are passionate about building and maintaining strong client relationships.
If you have a track record of exceeding sales targets and enjoy working in a collaborative team setting, this role may be perfect for you.
How You'll Spend Your Time
• Lots of prospecting! You’re excited and energized to open your computer, pick up the phone, and reach out to a variety of leaders from universities, academic medical centers, and community foundations.
• You diligently keep notes on and track your client in our CRM (HubSpot) so that you can easily recall and pick up where the conversation left off. You always follow up and have a next step planned.
• With tenacity and resilience, you explore creative avenues to find and expand our customer base. From engaging in webinars, LinkedIn groups, or other professional associations, you expand your own network to authentically build relationships with our potential customer base.
• You easily navigate Zoom, MS Teams, SharePoint, and Calendly to easily conduct product demonstrations.
• Delivering persuasive sales presentations, you showcase the unique value proposition of our offerings.
• Ensuring seamless execution and delivery for our customers, you collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer success.
• You are self-driven to stay up to date with industry trends and developments and actively participate in conferences, workshops, and networking events to expand your knowledge and professional network.
How You'll Measure Success
The KPIs for this role include:
• Closing 6 customers per quarter or 24 per year
• 30 product demonstrations per quarter
• Maintaining at least a 20% Conversion Rate (demonstrations to contract closed
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
• Proven track record of success in a sales, fundraising, or business development role. Preference for a former academic fundraiser or background in advancement or education tech, government tech or related field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish lasting client relationships.
• Strong negotiation and closing skills, with a natural ability to influence and persuade others.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in managing client accounts and sales activities.
• Self-motivated and driven to achieve and exceed sales targets.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment while also being comfortable working independently.
• Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales tools to track and manage client interactions and sales processes.
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
As a startup, our teammates have the unique opportunity to grow alongside our company. Roles and responsibilities will likely shift, and as an early teammate and high performer you will have the ability to grow your role as we grow.
At FundMiner, we recognize that pay transparency is one method of improving pay equity across genders and other marginalized identities as well as fostering an engaged and positive working environment.
The salary for this role is: $70,000 base with on-target-earnings (OTE) of approximately $110,000. Sales roles are also eligible for uncapped incentive pay and 3-month guarantee.
FundMiner also provides employees with:
• Generous stock options
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Parental leave (for both birthing parents and partners)
What Else You Should Know About Our Team:
Our diverse (female + Latino) founder duo is uniquely qualified to lead with our CPTO having experience building and scaling AI-powered products from 0 to millions for leading tech companies like Microsoft and Meta and our CEO’s deep domain knowledge and deep-rooted industry connections. FundMiner is VC-backed and is a 2023 Techstars Company.
How to Apply:
At FundMiner, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage you to apply, even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about building something that makes an impact on our world and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
FundMiner is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Everyone at FundMiner brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and culture with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates a more innovative product, provides better service to our customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you passionate about relationships, B2B sales, and #TechForGood? If you think you'd be a great fit — we encourage you to apply! Submit your info through the application form on our Career Page or via email: email@example.com. Be sure to include your Linkedin, resume, and a note telling us why.